Skip to main content

It's Clearly Been A While

It's been such a long time since I've journaled here but I think I was pretty consistent with writing it.  I think that doing both will be something that I want to focus on from now on.  I'm taking a new strategy this semester.  I want to sit in the back.  Way in the back.  That way I can focus on what I'm learning and what's going on instead of everything around me.  Also, since my classes are only 50 minutes (except TuTh), I don't need to be near the door like I first thought.  I'm also thinking about showing up early, ensuring the same seat, or at least same area, for sure.  I swear, I feel like this semester is going to go so well, I can burst.  Everything seems to be working out in my favor, even when I don't notice it at first.  I'm beyond thankful.  I think I'm struggling with my faith again.  I'm not sure what I believe or why and it's been that way for far too long.  I think I just got an idea though.  I'm going to go to the botanica with Summer.  Get some stuff for our energy.  I feel like I'm really on a journey, going through and experiencing things.  I like it, but only when I'm consciously aware of it, like now.  Right now I am wondering how my face looks as I'm typing.  I felt like it looked unattractive so I'm trying to settle into a different expression while remaining comfortable enough to not think about it anymore.  Lip biting might be it, or it might not be.  I'm going to think about something else now.  Now I'm trying to figure out if my computer had a glitch in the speakers when playing this song.  Nope, I failed at the lip biting thing.  Damnit.  I'm going to get it together eventually.  I feel like having laptops in class growing up would have made actually writing anything too painful to do.  Okay seriously, I really don't understand how some people don't pay attention to what they're typing exactly as they're typing it because for the most part, while I type, I watch the screen.  That's probably because my fingers have gotten really used to a keyboard and that's okay.  I'm actually enjoying typing right now and that's probably the only reason that I haven't stopped;  I feel like I'm doing something real important, even though I know I'm not.  But I get weird like that sometimes, so I'm not too worried.  I'm so excited to go to the bookstore tomorrow!  I'm going to get everything that I need, if not majority of it.  I hope they have some sweaters that I'll like.  Definitely want new ones.  I may do hoodies, but I'm thinking that I'll mainly not.  The hoods get in the way and make things awkward.. and they're usually not the same style as the sweaters..  I'm not sure if I'm just high or if I am really tired, but I know that it's probably both.  Whatever.  The rest I do get tonight is going to be amazing.  I don't think I'm going to Wendy's tomorrow.  I want to make the money, yes.  But at the same time I know that I don't need it right now, so why put myself through that?  I also think that it could be helping me build some discipline if I just go.  I'm more than likely making it into more than it is.. but isn't that life?  Aren't people just dancing around the truth until they get tired and die?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Think I'm Ugly?

I've never met a man bold enough to ask me that.  Most will just say it casually, "I'm ugly af but I'll treat you right" or some other stupid shit.  Why?  Because they want you to say "You're not ugly bae".  Bullshit ass validation that they probably seek from every person they come into contact with.  And I'm making it a general "they" instead of saying "he" because women do the same shit.  I think most times that woman complain about men is because they are upset that men are capable of going through some of the same frustrating experiences as them, and it's definitely vice versa.  People are very fucked up.  For some reason I keep finding myself struggling to figure out if I'm a fucked up person or not.  It's something that I think about a lot...  but back on track.  Today, well yesterday (it's 1:30 in the morning right now), I had barely even said hello to N's cousin before convincing myself that he was...

06/22 Friday

Today I went got tested for STDs again and got back on the depo shot.  I feel like it's been long overdue and honestly the whole family aspect of life isn't what's important to me right now.  What matters most is that I can get it together so I can become the lawyer and the overall woman that I aspire to be.  I'm in college, that means eventually I want to have a career.  I cannot be a successful woman if I do not start now.  That might be where all of my issues are coming from.  To begin, I think that I'm going to have to get consistent with my life and stay that way.  I used to feel like the planned life was not enough for me.  But living on a whim hasn't exactly made me the person that I want to be.  Being who I am, which I believe is the person that I'm trying to get to, is going to be the most rewarding part of life.  I'm looking forward to becoming Ms. Trenisha Stewart.  She seems like a very bright young lady with a nice futu...

Breakthrough or Nah?

I think that I may have just had a breakthrough and it's scary good... like... what if I haven't progressed.. okay not even what if.  I haven't moved forward in life because I've been living it the same way this entire time.  I've been too afraid to come out, too afraid to live life the right way.  Scared of what people think I look like, sound like, talk/walk/breathe like.  Paranoid about every single thing.  And why?  Because of a few failures?  A few bad experiences?  Who the fuck even does this shit?  There are so many people that I think are on the same level of life as me but they're not.  They're out there, confident, living in the real world.  I'm not sure why I can't do the same thing.  I think that I'm pretty amazing on the inside.  But you know what?  No one knows that.  No one wants to be a part of who I am.. and that may just be because I don't want to be who I am.  I need to figure out the solu...